Home About Archive Contact

June 18, 2012

Vacation: Taste of Key West Tour

During my day in Key West, Florida, I went on a food tour. We walked to three locations to try some classic Key West flavors. We tried some Cajun chicken, coconut-crusted, pink shrimp and conch fritter (They were so good, I forgot to take pictures until after I had eaten!) at the Sunset Tiki Bar. We also tried some sauces at Pepper's of Key West, ranging from the sweet to the fiery. After trying the hottest sauce they offer samples of, I got the "Hottest Tongue in Key West" button. Once everyone had their fill of delicious sauces (or just plain crackers for my Nana...), we walked to Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe, which makes the best Key [West] Lime Pie in Key West. We each tried some of the Key Lime flavored treats around the store and got to sample a piece of chocolate covered Key Lime Pie. I brought home some Chocolate Lime Macaroons for me and my family and got Penny some Key Lime flavored dog cookies!



Thanks for taking a peek at my vacation!
xo, Kristen

1 comment:

Emmylou said...

Love how rustic that Tiki Bar looks:)