I most likely have mentioned my love of Starbucks a few hundred times on this blog. Yes, I feel like I'm a snob for being a "regular" but I can't help it. I'm a caffeine addict. And their coffee and espresso drinks are just so good, especially in fall. Just in case you don't spend your life at a Starbucks (like I do), I'll give you a couple ideas for Fall drinks that I really like and the correct translation in Starbucks-enese for your order. (p.s. I order all of my drinks with soy milk because that's what I prefer but you can drink whatever milk you like.)
1. Sweetened Vanilla Rooibos Latte with a shot (or three). I love this drink. It's made from vanilla tea and sweetened with simple syrup and I get a shot of espresso in it because everything is better with espresso.
How I Order it: "Vanilla Rooiboos soy latte, half sweetened with a double shot."
2. Pumpkin Spice - Chocolate Latte. A perfect combination of chocolate and pumpkin. It's like eating a chocolate pumpkin pie. It's the perfect drink for chilly afternoons and the right balance between sweet and spicy.
How I Order it: "Soy latte with half pumpkin spice, half mocha syrup."
3. Salted Caramel Mocha. This is the drink of all drinks. It's mocha with caramel syrup, topped with whipped cream, caramel syrup and sea salt. It's so decadent so I usually bypass the whipped cream but some days I just can't resist. It's sweet and salty and a great nod to the salted caramel food trend this fall.
How I Order it: "Soy Salted Caramel Mocha, no whip."
4. Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Sometimes when I'm not in the mood for pumpkin and I want something Fall flavored I go for the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. A Latte with cinnamon syrup and cinnamon sprinkled on top is the perfect way to warm up on your way home when you really should have worn a heavier sweater.
How I Order it: "Soy Cinnamon Dolce Latte with an extra shot."
5. Coffee with Vanilla and Hazelnut syrup. When I'm in a rush or in the mood for a simpler drink, I'll get coffee with flavored syrup. Right now my favorite fall combination is vanilla and hazelnut. It's perfectly sweet and tastes like dessert in a cup.
How I order it: "Hot medium roast coffee with half vanilla, half hazelnut syrup."
What's your favorite Fall coffee drinks?