Here is a list of my top ten summer beauty products and cosmetics. I linked the names of the products to a place where they can be purchased.
1. Benefit's Moonbeam. Let's be honest here. I get about 5 hours of sleep, if I'm lucky. I pretty much look like a zombie everyday of my life. This little tube makes me look well rested and it really brightens up my face. The gold shimmer looks really good on my skin tone and in certain lights it looks purple. Gorgeous!
2. Tokidoki's Cartina Blotting Papers. I'm using these blotting papers right now because Tokidoki has such darn cute packaging. Blotting papers are all the same. They absorb any oil or sweat on your face. After walking outside or in the middle of an especially long shift at work, these do the trick to keep my skin looking it's best. (These exact papers apparently no longer exist...)
3. Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm. I imagine you know and love Burt's Bees lip balm. If not, girl, what are you waiting for? Seriously though just in case you've never tried it or read any girl's blog, this is the best lip balm, blah blah beeswax. This one tastes like pomegranate and gives your lips a tiny hint of red. Perfect for being on the go.
4. Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder. I hate being shiny. This is established. I throw this on over foundation or instead of foundation (it's summer I can be lazy). It sets makeup and prevents the dreaded shine.
5. Lush's Ultra Bland. This is a cleanser like no other (that I know of...). It has the consistency of vaseline and you smear a tiny amount all over your face and wipe it off with a toner-moistened cotton ball until all the makeup and stuff comes off your face. I've used it for a few weeks and there's such a difference in my skin. It cleans it off really well and makes it so soft. I will probably stick with this as a cleanser for a while.
6. CVS RefreshingToner. I really like this toner. It's cheap and it makes my face feel clean. That's all I can ask of a toner.
7. CVS Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15. I really love this lotion. It absorbs into my face quickly without feeling greasy. Also it has sunscreen in it which is perfect for summer (and the rest of the year too!).
8. Almay Thickening Mascara in Black. Your basic black mascara. Nothing too special, perfect for a natural everyday look. When I'm running late and have time to do little more than shower, I swipe on some mascara so it looks like I put effort into how I look.
9. tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface. I've been using blush a lot lately. It's right up there with mascara in terms of quick things I do to make myself look good. I used to never wear blush and now it seems like I can't go a day without it. This bright pink is one of my favorites this summer.
10. Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves Spray. I straighten my hair like my life depended on it, but with the heat and humidity of summer, I really hate taking the time to straighten my hair. Plus with all of my early mornings between work and my internship, I usually don't have time to blow dry and straighten my hair after my shower. This spray makes my hair wavy and like I put real time and effort into getting ready.
What are your favorites for summer?