Home About Archive Contact

May 13, 2013

ipsy Glam Bag Review || May 2013

Price: $10
Value: $50
Number of Samples: 5
Brands Included: Mirabella Beauty, Zoya, Yaby, Pacifica, Nu-Me
Billed on: May 1st
Shipped on: May 9th
Received on: May 13th
Extras: Usable bag, $110 voucher for Nu-Me, coupons for above brands

I love the idea of subscription box services; they are a really affordable way to try out some high end products and I love the surprise factor. I've tried out others in the past but I just signed up for the ipsy Glam Bag. I'm super excited to try this service, as this is usually gets favorable reviews and has an awesome value. Each month the Glam Bag comes with a different theme which you can create a look from. I really like this concept as in the past I've gotten some really random products in subscription boxes. ipsy also has affiliations with some great brands, like Kiehls, NYX and Urban Decay, to name a few, so that's quite exciting.


Products Included

Mirabella Beauty
Colour Sheers Lipstick
in Daydream

This is a light pink, shimmery lipstick. With one swipe it is sheer with a little bit of color but the shade is buildable. The lipstick is very moisturizing and feels like a lip balm. It's not a color I'd normally choose for myself but it's a nice basic color that I could use in my collection and will definitely use this color with dramatic eye makeup.


Nu-Mera

Finishing Serum, 10ml

This is a lightweight, awesome smelling serum. It is not greasy at all which is a huge plus and instantly makes your hair feel soft and silky. I'm really excited for this product as I'm starting to let my hair grow out and am in need of products like this to care for my dry ends. The only down side to this product, so far, is the eyedropper style applicator. It makes the product look super high end but it's a little impractical and hard to control.


Pacifica

Perfume Roll-On, 10ml 

in Island Vanilla

A really pretty vanilla scent. I was not thrilled to have received vanilla, as it's not one of my favorite scents however, this was a pleasant surprise. It's not too sweet and a little spicy which I really like. I'll keep this in my purse for those mornings where life is too hectic to remember to use a fragrance (read: most mornings) or when I need a pick me up at work.


Yaby

Concealer

in Honey

This is a creamy concealer with decent coverage. The shade, honey is a touch off but I think it will work well under my eyes. I'm glad I have a shade that's workable for my skin tone as with these sorts of subscriptions it's hard to send everyone the right color of face product.

Zoya


Nail Polish 

in Piaf

I'm a bit disappointed in this color. I've never tried Zoya polish before so I was really excited when I saw the full sized box in my Glam Bag but Piaf is a super sparkly yellow color that I know I will never wear. I'm not sure what to do with this... maybe I'll give it away.


Thanks for reading! Do you subscribe to the Glam Bag or any other subscription boxes? Is it something you'd be interested in hearing more about?

kristen from living bittersweetly

No comments: