Home About Archive Contact

February 14, 2013

4 Ways to be Single and Enjoy Valentine's Day

I'm the first to admit that I'm a cynic of Valentine's Day. I hate everyone being happy and in love and the overwhelming amounts of pink and hearts everywhere. Although I'm dressed in entirely black and disgusted by the love-fest, I also can't help but admit that I wish I had a Valentine. Instead of being upset by my lack of a partner, I've decided to be my own Valentine. Use my tips to laugh, shop and eat your way to a great Valentine's Day.

1. Netflix. If you're spending the night in, it's a great time to take advantage of the free month of Netflix offers to all new subscribers. Whether you need to laugh, cry or sit in open mouthed awe, there's something for you to watch.

2. Takeout. Getting takeout is a great way to treat yourself to something delicious while avoiding the abundant duos at every restaurant in existence. Calling ahead or inbetween lunch and dinner should make the wait a little less terrible. Using an ordering service, like Foodler, lets you schedule your order so you can get your food delivered at the time you want (and alerts you to any available coupons the restaurant offers). 

3. Treat yo'self. (Any Parks & Rec fans?) Anyways... going to a salon to get a manicure done is always a treat. If you feel like staying in or are short on cash, give yourself a manicure or do a DIY spa treatment. If you don't have a lot of free time, do something simple. Giving myself a fresh coat of nail polish always boosts my mood, whether I'm laying in bed crying over Closer or studying diligently. 

4. Shop. As I'm sure anyone who has read this blog before knows, I love to drown my sorrows in online shopping. I just posted a list of sales that will make Valentine's Day pity shopping a little more affordable. I'm definitely going to indulge my shopping addiction for sure with the awesome Urban Decay sale!

kristen from living bittersweetly

1 comment:

Janette said...

Oh Kristen.. I'm happy, married, and still don't really like V-Day.. Haha! I like your tips.. Funny cause I shared some tips about Valentine's day on my blog.. check them out!

Janette Lane